Billion Baby Turtles Fundraiser Contest
Billion Baby Turtles will be holding our 9th annual School Fundraiser Contest fall 2022. To date, 3,000 students at more than 30 schools across the US have raised more than $35,000, helping to save more than 350,000 endangered baby turtles around the world. School classes and student groups from around the US will compete to win eco-prize packs with great products like Endangered Species Chocolate and Nature's Path cereal bars.
One participating teacher will win a free trip to Costa Rica to work with sea turtles!
The contest is open to classes and individual students. Top raising students and classes will earn prize packs and get recognition through our social media channels.
Contest Dates: October 17th - November 17th, 2022
How it Works:
School classes & students in the US from kindergarten to high school compete to raise money for turtle conservation based on the categories below. Students and classes outside of the US can also compete but are not eligible for prize packs (due to high shipping costs).
Prizes are given for different categories (below) and every class that raises at least $100 will receive prizes for the class and each student. Individual students will get prizes for at least $50 raised.
Classes determine how to raise money but every class will have the option to sell hatchling postcards for $1 donations each (provided with a deposit but no extra cost).
Every participating class will receive a free online sea turtle educational presentation by SEE Turtles president Brad Nahill, as well as a certificate for the class.
• Total Money Raised: The class that has raises the most money raised of all participating and eligible classes or clubs.
• Money Raised Per Student: The class with the highest average raised per student.
• Elementary School Money Raised: The class from Kindergarten to 4th grade that raises the most money.
• Classes that raise at least $100 will receive an adoption certificate and a sticker and hatchling postcard for each student.
*Student Prizes: The 3 top raising students or small groups will receive the prize pack. All students raising at least $50 will receive a certificate, postcards, stickers, and a turtle activity book. Students may enter alone or in a small group (up to 5 students) and the amount raised will be averaged between the number of students. Fundraising can take place outside of school.
*Note: Students participating in a class group are not eligible. US-based students only due to shipping costs.
* Teachers whose classes raise at least $100 are eligible to win the Costa Rica trip. Winner will be chosen randomly and former winners are not eligible. Prize does not include airfare to Costa Rica. We also offer a 20% discount to bring along up to 2 other people.
Contest registration has ended. Contact us to be alerted for future contests
Costa Rica Prize Testimonial
“Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to work with Leatherbacks in Costa Rica! I could not have imagined last October, when my students and I were organizing a fundraiser for SEE Turtles, that I would win this trip! I am looking forward to incorporating all that I have learned into a new project for next year.” -Jennifer M. (2018 winner)
Donate Your Classes Funds Here
(Click on “I want to fundraise for this” below the form to set up a page for your student or class")